torsdag, mars 18, 2010

Breaking down the walls

There are barely noticeable smiles that aren't meant for you to see, but when I turn my head away I can see you looking at me over your shoulder. From the corner of my eye I realize that you feel safe as you flash a tiny smile. Safe enough, to tell me that you might want to trust me, although I think you already do.
But the walls between you and the rest of the world are still standing tall. To trust and to be safe with someone takes courage. There is the fear of being let down and the hope of finding tranquility.
Your head leaning on my arm. My hand resting on your shoulder.
We have always been close and distant at the same time. I have been close and you have been distant. I have been stepping away as you reached out for me.

But this is me, wanting to hold you. Hold you and just be safe together with you. If you would only ever let me.

Inga kommentarer: